The Orange County Water Smart Home Program offers you opportunity to certify your house as a Water Smart Home!
The Program includes a free outdoor (and indoor, if desired) home water survey that will score your home’s water efficiency and identify water savings recommendations. Recommendations will include rebates and no-cost activities that can help you become more water efficient.
Terms and Conditions
Release and Waiver of Liability
Frequently Asked Questions
Steps to Participate
- Complete and submit a Program application:
Apply online by clicking here: Online Application
- or -
Print, complete, and send via U.S. mail your application by clicking here:
Paper Application (no email applications will be accepted)
- You will be contacted to schedule your home water survey.
- Following the home water survey you will receive a customized Home Water Survey Report.
This report will include your Home Water Score.
Need more points to get certified?
- Choose which recommended improvements you want to make in order to get certified.
- Submit proof of these improvements (invoices, receipts, pictures, etc.).
- MWDOC will tally your final Home Water Score and send you a Letter of Determination. Applicants are highly encouraged to take advantage of our water use efficiency rebates in order to boost your score and get certified!
A rebate program application and all of the personal information listed in it is public record and will be made available to any member of the public who requests it. By signing a rebate program application, the applicant acknowledges that applicant has no privacy expectations to this information and waives any claim to such.